lunedì 11 marzo 2024

SDRplay on PowerSDR

 Before entering the point of the post, I like to share my last purchase. Past week I've been in Malaysia for working purposes and I found this nice bluetooth speaker/FM radio from the brand Muzen, It's called Wild Jeep Radiooo - Series 1. The case is fully metallic and despite the small dimensions the set is very heavy. Wonderful Sound! I use it for connecting the audio of one of the laptop.


That said: I finally managed to use PowerSDR IF stage with SDR Uno and SDRPlay RSP DX.

I've always liked the graphics of Power SDR but never been able to use it. I finally found a video on youtube with explanations and managed in one afternoon to have it working. Like this:



it has also a waterfall option but here I made the snapshot while I was using just the spectrum.
The background of the spectrum can be whatever picture you like (here an old Hallicrafters model S38) as long as is in PNG format and is 1000 x 550. There's a tutorial from KE9NS on how to do this.

First the SDRUno has to be set in IQ out mode and the sampling rate of the Virtual Audio Cable has to be 192000, this will allow to see more or less 200 kHz spectrum on the powerSDR.


here below the setting in VAC and in Power SDR.







Every time one is changing the "slice" of frequency on SDRUno, the center frequency of the "new slice" has to be input also in Power SDR in the box "Center frequency" of the first settings picture above (where is written 16.750000 MHz) this will allow us to read the right tuned frequency also in PowerSDR dial.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento